Sunday, April 17, 2011

ice monster

Always waking in the night to
Whispered words on winding wind.
These hands of ice that dared to touch
I swear won't ever touch again.

Every heart I held that mattered
Turned to ice, and slid, and shattered.
Naive of me, to think it nice
To try and touch you with the ice.

Through tear-glazed eyes, I hold a part
Of you I touched; fragmented heart.
I know now things can't be the same.
You're broke inside, and I'm to blame.

Poison is labeled, if warning is waged
A monster like me deserves to be caged.
Chill choice hangs midair; a stern sacrifice,
To die from the cold, or live with the ice?

11 comments:

Hannah Banana said...

^i figured a post was over-do.
So. here.
I'm not sure a rhyme scheme exists, but take it or leave it... lol

Unknown said...

pretty neat and yes a post was WAY over due

The Gotheltic Rowan said...

Nice, the words flowed really well together :)

Anonymous said...

new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post new post

~Thē Sĭl'ū-ĕt' 該剪影 said...

Is there a secret code in the poem?

ChrissyB said...

This is a beautiful post... Although it is rather depressing. I oddly understand it, though. I guess I've felt this way before.

You are a beautiful writer, and you capture the human condition. Have you ever considered writing a song?

Hannah Banana said...

no, no secret codes. symbolism, yes. but not codes persay.^^

n thanks friend:) i AM a human..

n yah i'v considered it, among billions of other things that im too lazy to commit to unless i surge thru an inspirred, passionate, motivated phase in life... lol

The Gotheltic Rowan said...

Hey, you think you could put make this into a song? I think it would be cool, especially if you made it sound kind of middle eastern. You know, the haunting kind of sound?

The Gotheltic Rowan said...

Oh, lol, forgot you needed motivation. :P Just listen to a couple Evanescence songs. That'll get you going in no time o.0

Meaghan said...

Wow, you constantly amaze me with your gifts for making words flow. I someday hope to imitate you.

Hannah Banana said...

ohjee, haha thanks :)