Friday, July 18, 2008

Bible Verse tag {Short Version}

Mommy tagged everyone who read her blog to blog about favorite Bible verses and blessings. ... That made me think way too hard, but here it is. I think all the verses in the Bible are good ones. ... But someone might consider that cheating...so here's a few recent favorites...

Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

This verse is my favorite now, because it's something I've come to realize this past year and plan to use this coming year {talking in school years}. More recent favorites are:

Psalm 139: 14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

1 Peter 1:6-7
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed

So...those are my recent favorite verses. They've encouraged me a lot. Now...on to blessings... I can't even count that high! Last night, I was thinking about this, and I started writing, and I wrote for like an hour and eighteen minutes. And I barely even started on blessings. I mean, it's hard to express like HOW MUCH I've been blessed. I realized that, and it made me love God even more. Thanks, mom...that was a good post...it made me think really hard, and I needed that.

Well...I guess if I had to name a few, I would say friends, family, church, and school. My family is always supportive of everything I do, and I know I can always ask them for advice or if I just need someone to listen. And my friends...are...awesome.... like.... God has blessed me with really, really, good friends! Again, I'm not able to express the awesomeness of what He has given me. My church is where I've been going most of my life. I've never been to any other church but Covenant {minus churches on vacations and stuff like that}, and I'm sooo glad I'm still there. My school is also awesome. The environment there, of Christian teachers and students...even the curriculum...it's really good. Huuuge blessing. I love my class. We're like one big family, even if we do fight sometimes.

So...I think that's it. Once again, thank you mom ~ I needed to think...haven't been doing that in a while. And, since this is a tag, I guess I tag everyone who reads this. I know Render and Will have already done it...y'all can post it on your blog or re-do comments here. Or not. You choice. So everyone {anyone} else who reads this...go blog! ... wow ... I didn't ramble nearly as much as I thought I would.

11 comments:

groovymomma said...

Thanks for that great post, honey! It's excellent to review God's blessings any day of the year (not just on Thanksgiving Day).

Keep reading your Bible and storing up those verses in your heart. Then God will use them in your life for encouragement and growth!

Hannah Banana said...

Welcome, and thank you for the original tag.

Render MoonArrow said...

Exelenté

Very nice!

I agree with your mom when it comes to keep looking for more favorite scripture verses.

It helps a whole lot!

Hannah Banana said...

Thanks.

I will. Last night, I kept finding more and more, and I wanted to include all the ones I found...but then I would end up with the whole Bible...

Marina said...

That's awesome Bonnie. I agree too.

Hannah Banana said...

Thanks. Your turn. :D

~Thē Sĭl'ū-ĕt' 該剪影 said...

New Post plz!

~Thē Sĭl'ū-ĕt' 該剪影 said...

Or I kill yo

HEE HEE!

Hannah Banana said...

Oooooh, I'm scared now... ;)

But...I don't have anything to say. When I have nothing to say I prefer to not say anything...I know a great many people who never have anything good to say, yet can't shut up. Otherwise I start rambling...like I'm doing now. *shutting up*

~Thē Sĭl'ū-ĕt' 該剪影 said...

Fine then! I will go in the dark corner by meself with no new post from Bon-Girl...

*starts to cry*

*Disappearing*

Hannah Banana said...

*shaking head* Don't cry, silly elf boy...no tears. Only chocolate. *holding up candy bar, then watches as elf disappears*

*is left in silence* *blinks at empty space where Render used to be* *sits down and eats chocolate*