Monday, March 24, 2008

IPC

Arg. *Head banging against ... laptop* Why does this not make sense? I worked the silly air-pressure problem, like the good "hard-working" student I am, but when I checked it in the book it was like they were speaking Greek! I mean...*makes over-my-head hand motion* Completely...WOOSH! *Sigh* Ok...so...maybe you can understand Charles' principle better that I. Decipher this:

At 27 degrees C, an amount of gas has a volume of 2.0 L. What volume will it occupy if it is heated to 87 degrees C?
Ok, use the whole... V1/T1=V2/T2 when V1 is 2.0 L, T1 is 27 C + 273=300 K with a line over it. Now, don't ask me where on earth they got those extra numbers. I haven't a clue. Maybe they're like the French with letters and they throw a whole bunch of extras in there. Anyway... V2 is the unknown variable that we have to calculate and T2 is 87 C + 273 = 360 K with a line over it. Again, I HAVE NO IDEA where they get the #s from AND I have no idea what the line means. Oh. Wait it says here it means "the digit is significant"...Anybody? Anybody getting this? Ok, so you're suposed to substitute values into Charles' law and then cross multiply, cancel, cancel units, solve and then you somehow...I don't know how you get it...I don't know where they got it from, but SOMEHOW they arrive at 2.4 L=V2. See? See how easy that it? *Sarcasm*

I don't see why this is so complicated. E=mc squared made much more sense! I mean, who doesn't like Einstein's theory of relativity to convert matter into energy, right? And valence electrons! Who doesn't love valence electrons? I do! I looove them! We had some laughs. Back when things were easy and non-mathmatical. The periodic table of elements. *Wistful sigh* I looove that good ol' H2O, which, by the way, is a covalent bond {two non-metals}. OOH! And who doesn't love some good ol' Unununium {I kid you not; that's element #111, which means it has 111 protons in the nucleus}! Yep. Those were the days. *Dreaming of radioactive isotopes*

Ok, this post is boring enough as it is. Ciao!

10 comments:

Render MoonArrow said...

Who teaches your class or are ya doing it at home?

I'm doing Biology this year.

Sugar_Pea said...

I like your background!!!

Sugar_Pea said...

Hey Render what are you doing up so early??

Render MoonArrow said...

Well I go to Spanish class at eight o clock every Tuesday and Thursday in the weak

Yo voy a la clase de Español a la ocho de la mañana todos martes y juives en la semana.

~Render Moonarrow~

Render MoonArrow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Render MoonArrow said...

Sorry I repeated my self.

thats why there is a deleted comment.

Sugar_Pea said...

I don't get it.....I should take IPC

Hannah Banana said...

*blank look* I'm sorry, what did you want on your nachos? Anyway, I go to a private Christian school. Sugar, who's back ground are you talking about? Trust me, Chair, you do NOT want to take IPC!!

Render MoonArrow said...

hey bonnie!!!

ya need to write about Amber now.

Hannah Banana said...

Heehee. That's a good one.